From: Paul Mensonides (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-08 12:18:35

"William E. Kempf" <wekempf_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> > 2. Each library bundled with boost means another #include search
> > path needs to be added.
>
> No, there's only one path added for all Boost libraries,
$BOOST_ROOT/boost.

Here I think he is talking about libraries other than Boost.

> > Proposed solution:
> > 1. Create a single boost include directory instead of having the two
> > nested ones that there are now.
>
> What two nested ones?

I believe that he is talking about the root Boost directory which is the
parent directory of the Boost headers. If, for instance, I have a directory
"include" that I want to put all my library headers in and have a single
environment variable to specify the header search paths. This cannot be
done with Boost because the Boost headers are located at
"boost/boost/*.hpp", not "boost/*.hpp". Furthermore, you can't even put
Boost in the same directory as other includes, because you might get a
conflict between "include/boost" and "include/boost/boost". It doesn't
bother me personally, but I see the point that he is getting at.

Paul Mensonides