From: Markus Werle (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-10 03:33:31

Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:47:36PM +0000, gcs_99
> <gregsteele_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Thanks for the information.
>>
>> Is there a way to build libraries, i.e. boost.python, without bjam?
>
> I suspect that would be more trouble than it's worth.

I suspect that using the brand new versions of GNU autotools
would make a lot of sense here. A simple Makefile.am
and configure.in may be sufficient to get rid of any inconvenience
forever. (I assume that it makes perfect sense for developers
to install cygwin or similar sofwtare on win* platforms,
Your mileage may vary in this point)

Note that this also would ease the configuration for
different platforms and compilers through a single top config.h.

If You are interested to include it into the boost tree
and if You give me some time I volunteer to create a first
merely working alpha fileset which gives You an idea how easy
the GNU autotools are, once You know how they oughta be used.

Markus