From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-14 23:58:11

"Bruce Lowery <bruce_lowery_at_[hidden]>" <bruce_lowery_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I forgot to mention that I am building the CVS version of the
> library, fresh as of Sun night (2003-01-12).
>
> --bruce
>
> --- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], "Bruce Lowery
> <bruce_lowery_at_y...>" <bruce_lowery_at_y...> wrote:
>>
>> In building the boost/python library on solaris using v6.2.p2 of
> the
>> sunpro compiler, two compile-time errors occur, one in 'cast.hpp'
> and
>> the other in 'inheritance.hpp'. Details are below.
>>
>> --bruce

Bruce, as I replied to you on the boost developers' list, I think you
should report these to Sun.

I'm really surprised you only see two errors. The last time I tried
to get Boost libraries to work with a released Sun compiler (a couple
of months ago), I was only able to make Sun pass around 50% of all
boost regression tests. It's ability to handle standard C++
constructs was so bad that I don't think there's any hope of getting
it to work with Boost.Python.

I've heard reports that their pre-release compiler implements a lot of
bug fixes needed to work with Boost. Is that what you're using? If
so, I still don't have access to this compiler so it's unlikely I'll
be able to come up with a workaround for its bugs. If you come up
with something that makes it work, please submit a patch!

-Dave

--
                       David Abrahams