From: Amittai Aviram amittai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-31 20:45:38

--- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], "John Maddock"
<john_maddock_at_c...> wrote:
> > I am trying to get my DLL to get linked statically with the
> > boost::regex library and having _no success_. I have tried
putting
> > this line into one of the header files:
> >
> > #define BOOST_REGEX_STATIC_LINK
>
> That will do the job, provided you don't want the regex code
exposed from
> the dll.

Sorry! Just wanted to add a piece of information to my previous
reply (to the effect that, alas, no, this does _not_ work). Both DLL
and client are built as "Release" versions, using the "Multithreaded
DLL" C Runtime Library (Projects->Settings->C/C++->Code Generation).
I have no idea whether that might have any bearing, but I might as
well try to mention everything I can think of. Thanks.

Amittai