From: klapshin klapshin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-06 13:31:28

First of all I would like to thank everybody who responded on my

The real showstopper for me at the moment is date_time library. I did
a small test -- compiled and run days_till_new_year.cpp against boost
1.29 (patched to not complain about __ICL 700) and current snapshot of
boost CVS. Here is what I've got (cpp was renamed to test.cpp for
short):

-------------------------------------

C:\work\icl>icl

Intel(R) C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 7.0 Build
20021018Z

Copyright (C) 1985-2002 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

30 DAY EVALUATION LICENSE

icl: Command line error: no files specified; for help type "icl -help"

C:\work\icl>icl /MD /O2 /DDATE_TIME_INLINE /I..\boost_1_29_0 /nologo
test.cpp

test.cpp

C:\work\icl>test

Days till new year: -731982

C:\work\icl>icl /MD /Od /DDATE_TIME_INLINE /I..\boost_1_29_0 /nologo
test.cpp

test.cpp

C:\work\icl>test

Days till new year: 329

C:\work\icl>icl /MD /O2 /DDATE_TIME_INLINE /I..\boost /nologo test.cpp

test.cpp

C:\work\icl>test

Days till new year: 3031841

C:\work\icl>icl /MD /Od /DDATE_TIME_INLINE /I..\boost /nologo test.cpp

test.cpp

C:\work\icl>test

Days till new year: 329

As you can see both versions are broken. What I don't understand is
how come that boost regression tests are Ok? Am I using wrong version
of Intel Compiler, or am I missing some magic flags to compiler?

I will send this report to Intel tech support; however I would
appreciate if someone will verify these results, and contact Intel on
behalf of Boost community.

Regards,

Kirill Lapshin.