From: hunleyexpress mhunley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-10 15:47:57

> Intentionally removed. In the current library it's easier to deal
with a single build type, and since a DLL is required for TLS usage,
the static build was removed. In the next version of the library,
the implementation is going to have to make use of TLS as well, so
you'll always need a DLL, making it pointless to continue providing
both a static library and the threadmon.dll.

If you mean something other than Transport Layer Security when you
say TLS, disregard the rest of this and just let me know what it
means in boost-ese. I don't quite understand why the threading lib
depends on TLS. I am only including the threading lib to write
thread handling and don't want or need security aspects (I'm handling
those specifically myself for a custom app). I ultimately need to
bundle all of it into a *very* small DLL (or shared lib on Linux) of
my own and don't want to require a separate boost DLL. Why would you
tie the two together, they seem completely orthoganal. BTW: I have
found it rather easy to have Jam build both. I guess it is just more
headache from a testing standpoint.
I appreciate the info.