From: k.t. (kohske_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-26 00:13:08

> Hi,
>
> I am using boost_1_29_0 to implement random distribution functions.
> The standard download included implementation of uniform, normal and
> exponential distributions - and they work great. I also need an
> implementation of poisson distribution, and I have noticed that
> poisson_distribution.hpp was added to CVS last October. I got the
> file, and put it into the boost/random/ directory, with the other
> random distribution files.
>
> However, when I try using poisson distribution, I get a series of 0's
> instead of a series of random numbers, although I'm using it exactly
> the same way as with the other distributions.
>
> I am not sure whether the problem is due to incorrect installation of
> the new file, or due to bugs in the implementation. I tried cleaning
> the boost_1_29_0 directory, and running bjam again, but still no luck.
> Is there anything else I should do to include this new header file?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Ksenia

In my environment (gcc 3.2 + cygwin.),
it does work only by including the new header.

--exp--
#include <boost/random.hpp>
#include <boost/random/poisson_distribution.hpp>
#include <iostream>
int main(){
  boost::lagged_fibonacci607 lf;
  boost::poisson_distribution<boost::lagged_fibonacci607> nd(lf,5);
  for(int i=0;i<100;++i)
    std::cout << nd() << ", ";
  std::cout << std::endl;
}

--result--
2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 0, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 1, 0, 2,
2, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, 0, 3, 1, 2, 0, 4, 1, 0, 0, 1, 3, 1, 0, 0,
1, 1, 1, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 2, 0, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1,
1, 0, 0, 0, 5, 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 1, 2, 0, 0, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1,
1, 2, 1, 1,

--
TAKAHASHI, kohske
kohske_at_[hidden]