From: kgolod0641 kgolod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-25 09:23:12

Hi,

I am using boost_1_29_0 to implement random distribution functions.
The standard download included implementation of uniform, normal and
exponential distributions - and they work great. I also need an
implementation of poisson distribution, and I have noticed that
poisson_distribution.hpp was added to CVS last October. I got the
file, and put it into the boost/random/ directory, with the other
random distribution files.

However, when I try using poisson distribution, I get a series of 0's
instead of a series of random numbers, although I'm using it exactly
the same way as with the other distributions.

I am not sure whether the problem is due to incorrect installation of
the new file, or due to bugs in the implementation. I tried cleaning
the boost_1_29_0 directory, and running bjam again, but still no luck.
Is there anything else I should do to include this new header file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ksenia