From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-26 14:57:43

At 11:12 AM 2/26/2003, Markus Werle wrote:

>If someone wants to contribute code to boost:
>Is she required to provide the names of all namespaces lowercase?
>
>E.g. someone provides Elefant, the big library.
>Is she allowed to have namespace Elefant and perhaps
>namespace Elefant::Private, etc.

The strong preference is for all lowercase with words separated by
underscores. Thus:

     namespace boost::elefant ...
     namespace boost::elefant::detail

>I could not find any hint except this here, which did not
>really help me, since I do not know the standard library's
>conventions. Any link/ hint appreciated...

Hum. The current text isn't very clear. I've reformatted it in CVS. See
below.

HTH,

--Beman

--- reformulated wording ---

Use the naming conventions of the C++ Standard Library (See Naming
conventions rationale):

* Names (except as noted below) should be all lowercase, with
   words separated by underscores.
* Acronyms should be treated as ordinary names (e.g. xml_parser
   instead of XML_parser).
* Template parameter names begin with an uppercase letter.
* Macro (gasp!) names all uppercase and begin with BOOST_.