From: Martin Okrslar (okrslar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-04 14:37:37

Dear Boost users,

for an application in computational biology I am intendig to use the BGL
to compute strongly connected components of a graph with about 600.000
nodes.

In the BGL book on page 103 it is mentioned, that "The choice to use
std::map to implement the property map is rather inefficient in this
case...". Since my graph is large I'm a bit worried about this statement.

Could anybody of you please give me a hint, what other datastructure I
might use here, to make it efficient?

all the best
 Martin

Martin Okrslar
MPI for Molecular Genetics          phone: ++ 49 + 30 / 8413-1166
Computational Molecular Biology     Fax:   ++ 49 + 30 / 8413-1152
Ihnestrasse 73                      email: okrslar_at_[hidden]
D-14195 Berlin                      URL:   http://cmb.molgen.mpg.de