From: Russell Hind (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-06 10:13:38

Peter Dimov wrote:

> The alternative is simple: always build libraries and applications using the
> _exact same_ settings. This is a good general advice, and it also applies to
> settings that we cannot "fix" using the #pragma method.

I think this is limiting. I don't mind what setting the library uses,
but I don't like the fact that my project options can cause crashes in
the library.

As an aside, if I want to build boost libraries forcing 4 byte
alignment, how do I pass -a4 to bjam so that they are built the same?
(And as asked elsewhere, how do I force BOOST_HAS_THREADS with bjam also?)

Thanks

Russell