From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-07 09:36:51

Russell Hind wrote:

> As an aside, if I want to build boost libraries forcing 4 byte
> alignment, how do I pass -a4 to bjam so that they are built the same?
> (And as asked elsewhere, how do I force BOOST_HAS_THREADS with bjam
> also?)

Based on a cursory look at the Boost.Build documentation and the "borland"
toolset file (borland-tools.jam), I think that the answers to these
questions are

bjam -sTOOLS=borland -sBUILD="<cxxflags>-a4"

and

bjam -sTOOLS=borland -sBUILD="<threading>multi"

respectively.

Alternatives include:

- editing borland-tools.jam and changing -a8 to -a4.
- editing borland-tools.jam and removing -a8, allowing your -a4 option in
bcc32.cfg to take effect.
- making a dedicated library project for Boost.Signals and building from the
IDE, bypassing bjam.

If this doesn't help, try the boost-install list: