From: p_i_r_x_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-03-27 03:29:37

From: Dave Viner [mailto:daveviner_at_[hidden]]
Hi,
  I'm trying to use Boost's threads on WIN32 using VC++ and having
some difficulty.

I've built the source
    cd D:\boost\boost_1_30_0; bjam "-sTOOLS=msvc"
and after the build is done, there are some errors, but they all
appear related to the regression testing. Then I
    cd libs\thread\build; bjam "-sTOOLS=msvc"
and everything appears to work fine. However, my simple program
can't compile. I get this error:
d:\boost\boost_1_30_0\boost\thread\thread.hpp(17) : fatal error
C1189: #error : Thread support is unavailable!

My test program simply is:
#include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
        printf("Hello World!\n");
        return 0;
}

I can't seem to figure out why threads aren't enabled. I realize
this is a very simple question, but I'd love to hear what silly thing
I've done wrong. Thanks in advance for your help.

dave

try to set up project/settings/c++/code generation/run-time libary to
multithreaded ...

ciao
andreas