From: Vladimir Prus (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-27 05:03:51

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Holle wrote:
> I avoid this error by commented out the the ASSERT on line 99 of
> boost_1_30_0/boost/graph/connected_components.hpp.
> The program works as before, giving the correct answer.
> I know this isn't a solution, so I really hope to hear the correct one...
> Thanks in advance.

Looking at CVS logs I see:

revision 1.15
date: 2003/02/07 08:56:15; author: vladimir_prus; state: Exp; lines: +8
-0
Assert that connected_component is called on undirected graph, per docs.

I really think that the change was correct. Docs clearly state that the
algorithm can be applied only to undirected graphs. Morever, I added the
assert because I run into a bug because of it (don't remember details now,
sorry). Why 'strong_components' won't do, for directed graph?

- Volodya