From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-31 14:31:19

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 07:59:39PM +0200, Michael Kettner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got problems in linking against the signals-library. I built the library
> defining
> <define>BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE=boost_signals
> and running
> bjam -sTOOLS=gcc-stlport -sBUILD=release
> Everythinig seemed to work fine, but when I now try to link against the shared
> library (see attached file), I get the following undefined references:
>
> undefined reference to
> `boost::boost_signals::detail::signal_base_impl::connect_slot(boost::any
> const&, boost::any const&, _STL::vector<boost::boost_signals::trackable
> const*, _STL::allocator<boost::boost_signals::trackable const*> > const&)'

This error suggests that you did not link correctly with stlport. The
"-lstlport" option must appear on the link line, AFTER any of the
-lboost... options.

> I'm using gcc-3.2.2 and STLport-4.5.3.

BTW: I was under the impression that GCC 3.2 had a sufficiently-developed
standard library, and does not need to use STLport. Is that not the case?

-S