From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-11 07:31:41

K. Litvinenko wrote:

> I have tested this sample under 4 compilers - vc7, gcc 2.96 asplinux,
> builder 5.6.4 and kylix3 (compiler borland 5.6). Under Kylix it produce
> floating point error. I figure out that this happens because t, after this
> line
>
> ptime t(date(1990,1,1));
>
> have {0} (as i see in debuger).
>
> Is this library or kylix bug? It seems to be a __int64 arithmetic error
> but i am not sure.

There are compatibility issues with date-time with this compiler as
evidenced by the regression tests:

http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-linux-Version_1_30_0.html

I really haven't had a chance to address the issues with this compiler
and the details seem to be missing from the website (broken link).

As for the specific error, the library does use __int64 arithmetic. How
that could create a 'floating point error' I don't know.

Jeff