From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-04-24 11:49:36

Some command-line tools ship with their DDK, so I do have a version of
"cl.exe" that reports "13.00.9176" - no idea how this fits in with the VC
versions, though. And the DDK doesn't include an STL anyway.

There is one "common" failure case with some implementations of STL
containers: passing 0 to Allocator::deallocate. When used with
std::allocator, the 0 is passed through to operator delete() which of course
ignores it. When used with pool_alloc, this generally causes a segfault.
IIRC, STLPort's std::vector will do this if you construct & destroy an empty
vector. Since I don't have the VC STL, could you do that test case for me?

Thanks,
        -Steve