From: adutoit (adutoit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-21 09:16:25

Right; here are my compiler options, build configuration and the rest.

Basically I am building a static library, which depends on some in-house
software components, Qt and Boost.
Our own library S3FC (), uses templates in such a manner as to make MSVC6
very unhappy. Therefore we use the Intel compiler under M$.
Needless to say, our software compiles problemfree with GCC. For the
aforementioned and other reasons we do not make use of
Microsoft Foundation Classes when compiling under Windoze, but use the
latest version of STLPort (which has been at the same version level for some
time now).

Anyway; our Windows development work takes place under Visual C++ but with
the Intel compiler (version 7.0) selected instead of the MSVC6 compiler.

OK; with this background then, here is the basic Visual C++ project settings
for my build of the above-mentioned library. I have removed include paths
etc. which point to in-house
software:

1) "Not Using MFCC" selected for general project settings (as explained
above).
2) Warning level => 3
    Optimizations => Maximise Speed
     Debug info => None
3) Project Options =>
    /nologo /ML /W3 /GR /GX /O2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "DEP_MS_WIN" /D "WIN32" /D
"_WINDOWS"
/U "QT_NO_STL" /Fp"Release/libs3_qt.pch" /YX /Fo"Release/" /Fd"Release/" /FD
/c

The include and library paths for STLPort is set somewhere else, but these
are basically the options.

If anyone knows of any special project options, preprocessor directives I am
perhaps missing for building Boost-related projects with the Intel compiler,
please let me know!
I suspect that we will soon be using Boost for other functionality besides
that provided by date_time at the moment. Besides, I like the library and
works in our main development environment,
Linux with the GCC compiler.

OK, I am forgetting about this problem for a day or two...
Thanks to everyone who has provided me with help so far, especially Jeff
Garland.

Greetings,
Andre.