From: Markus Werle (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-22 13:59:18

adutoit wrote:

> [ a lot of trouble using boost and Intel C++ ]

Since I had no time to "configure" Intel's compiler
and since I was so fed up with getting it up and running,
I did 2 things with Intel-7.0 on linux which work for me:

I use -ansi and -DBOOST_NO_CONFIG.
Though the latter might be a bad idea in general
(since no special platform-dependent optimization
can be used then) this solved a lot of trouble,
especially since some parts of boost make (made?) assumptions
about Intel's behaviour that no longer hold.

>From my own experience, if it compiles with gcc-3.2 -ansi
it should never fail with Intel's compiler except when the code
is not completely compliant. At present I use gcc only for the
much more intelligent error messages for templates.

If You could provide a small code snippet which
shows this error I can try to compile it under Linux
and see what is happening there.

Markus

--
Compile time analytic differentiation?