From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-27 06:28:58

"David Webster-Jaggard" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The statement around line 69 from inheritance.hpp is as follows:
>
> typedef typename mpl::if_c<
> is_polymorphic<T>::value
> , polymorphic_id_generator<T>
> , non_polymorphic_id_generator<T> >::type type;
>
> Is the borland compiler simply incapable of compiling this statement or (as
> is likely)

Yes. A trivial transformation fixes that particular statement for
Borland:

     typedef typename mpl::if_<
         is_polymorphic<T>
         , polymorphic_id_generator<T>
         , non_polymorphic_id_generator<T> >::type type;

After applying a huge pile of these trivial transformations someone
will get to see the *real* problems Borland has with this library ;-).

Someone has been working on a Borland port (apologies to the person in
question, whose name I've forgotten), but we haven't seen the result
yet.

Regards,

--
Dave Abrahams