From: Anders Hybertz (anders.hybertz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-04 12:06:13

Hi

Up to and including version 1.29.0 of the boost library I had an
object which inherited from boost::counted_base, and could actually
within that object control when it should be deleted. The object
spawned a thread which was listening on a queue, when there was
pushed an shutdown message on the queue, I could safely delete the
object.

In boost 1.30.0 the counted_base changed name and namespace to
boost::detail::sp_counted_base, but the way it works also changed -
so now my object's destructor is called whenever it's going out of
scope - which I don't want.

Any ideas - or should I provide a small sandbox example

Thanks in advance

Anders Hybertz