From: yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-06-06 15:17:40

Vladimir>
Vladimir> yg-boost-users_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> I am also trying unsuccessfully to use the boost filesystem library.
>> I am getting an undefined symbol error when attempting to link the
>> example simple_ls.c program. I am also puzzled by the lack of .so
>> libraries, but I can use only .a's if necessary.
Vladimir>
Vladimir> The command you gave fails to me, as well. However,
Vladimir>
Vladimir> g++ -o simple_ls simple_ls.cpp -lboost_filesystem
Vladimir>
Vladimir> works. The order you specify libraries is important. Ain't it fun ;-)
Vladimir>
Vladimir> - Volodya

That worked for me. I should have experimented more before giving
up. Many thanks for the advice !

--Rob

P.S. Is there a page in the wiki that we should add this to ?