From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-23 12:10:43

pmedrow said:
> William
>
> I was enquiring into whether or not there were any known issues in
> boost threads regarding (for example) scoping.
> I am aware of basic thread theory, and yes, I do have a multiple CPU
> machine. It looks like I am hitting some system resource bottleneck,
> most likely memory speed/bandwidth.
> My intention was not to come across as an idiot so I could waste your
> time, I was merely trying to be polite.
> Don't worry about it, I'm sure boost threads are working fine.

Sorry, I did not intend for my reply to be perceived like this. It's a
common mistake for people to assume that MT means faster applications, and
since you didn't supply enough information about what your application did
to determine if there was some design flaw in what you coded, I had to
make an assumption.

I'm not aware of any issues with the Boost.Threads design that would
directly lead to what you observed. With out more information, and
possibly even example code to illustrate it, I can't provide a better
answer than what I have thus far.

--
William E. Kempf