From: Ken Alverson (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-02 09:58:08

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Ken Alverson wrote:
> > I'm running into an odd deadlock situation, and I was wondering if
> > it's a known issue, or if there's likely something wrong with my
> > code, or if I've misconfigured something? First off, a stack trace:
> >
> > ntdll.dll!77f5b7f4()
> > kernel32.dll!77e61bf5()
> > scanner.exe!boost::detail::sp_counted_base::release() Line 132 + 0xf
> C++
>
> Is it possible that your program is using the multithreaded runtime but the
> filesystem library has been compiled as single threaded, or vice versa?

Certainly a possibility...this is the first time I've tried using a non
header-based boost component. However, I thought the boost config defaulted
to thread support. I certainly didn't do anything special to enable
multithreading support on boost. (and my application is statically linked to
the multithreaded runtime)

Is there a document somewhere describing how to select which runtime boost
will be built against?

Ken