From: Richard Jepps (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-03 09:07:36

Peter,

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Richard Jepps wrote:
> > An exception would work in this case because there is no return
> > value, however there might be problems with resource leaks - even if
> > version 1_30_0 doesn't leak, a later one might.
>
> An exception can "return" arbitrary data, and no, a later one might not
> leak. That's the same as saying "even if version 1_30_0 does work, a later
> one might contain a bug."

If the BGL guarantees its users that it is exception safe then I agree - and
looking at the Boost library guidelines:

    http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm

    "Use exceptions to report errors where appropriate, and write code that
is safe in the face of exceptions. "

I can reasonably expect that it is exception safe.

Thanks

Richard