From: jhr.walter_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-07-03 16:57:22

Hi Markus,

you wrote:

> While trying to test
> boost::numeric::ublas::map_array
> as replacement for a std::map
> in my own code, I found that some memfuns like
> lower_bound and key_comp are missing.

Yep. I've seen some experiments regarding a sorted vector based equivalent
to std::map in the past. I believe the main difficulty to get a complete
alternative is that one needs element proxies.

> I also found that these can be added quite
> easily, since e.g. lower_bound exists as external
> function and only needs to be called in an
> appropriate way.

OK.

> Though the functions mentioned may not be useful in
> ublas apps, they would help improve the reusability
> of map_array.

OK.

> Before I start stalking through the code:
> Are there any plans to add these features already?

No. I usually have to recommend ublas::compressed_vector/matrix and
ublas::coordinate_vector/matrix for performance reasons.