From: Eric Brown \(Propel\) (ebrown_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-15 16:05:52

I'm trying to use RegEx::Grep(GrepCallback cb, ...) on Windows with VC6. It
works great with one exception.

I really need the callback to be a method so that I can update attributes in
my instance. I've tried about 10 ways and can't get anywhere - VC6 keeps
sending back errors. Some of the errors are obvious and some - well, aren't
templates wonderful whe it comes to error msgs?!@#$%

I'm using MS stl and the example in the docs to get a generic function
pointer doesn't work.
This is the example in the regex docs:
    std::bind1st(std::mem_fun(&MyClass::callback), this)

Then I tried:
    boost::bind(&MyClass::callback, this, _1)
This simply produces a type that refuses to match GrepCallback. I wish the
RegEx code just overloaded RegEx::Grep() to support this. (Is it more
crossplatform and the STL way to do things?)

I tried several other things including direct casts to GerpCallback, but I'm
stuck. Any help in this area would be great.

Thanks,
Eric