From: Jan Kybic (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-24 09:00:20

Hello,
        I want to write in favor of Boostifying the functional library
FC++, which I find very useful. Would a merger with the Phoenix
library from Spirit (already in Boost) be feasible? Phoenix seems to
have a slightly nicer syntax but lacks (as far as I know) the Haskell
prelude functions and lazy list implementation, also the closures do
not seem very intuitive to me.

My main concern with both FC++ and Phoenix is that when defining new
functiods, the user needs to write a lot of often repetitive
code. This could be simplified using a suitable preprocessor. Would
that be acceptable and are there other people interested ?

Yours,
        Jan

Jan Kybic <kybic_at_[hidden]>                  tel. +420 2 2435 7264
       or <kybic_at_[hidden]>,     http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~kybic