From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-25 19:14:00

Jan Kybic <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to write in favor of Boostifying the functional library
> FC++, which I find very useful. Would a merger with the Phoenix
> library from Spirit (already in Boost) be feasible? Phoenix seems to
> have a slightly nicer syntax but lacks (as far as I know) the Haskell
> prelude functions and lazy list implementation, also the closures do
> not seem very intuitive to me.
>
> My main concern with both FC++ and Phoenix is that when defining new
> functiods, the user needs to write a lot of often repetitive
> code. This could be simplified using a suitable preprocessor. Would
> that be acceptable and are there other people interested ?

Hi,

You might be glad to know that Brian, Jaakko and I are currently exchanging
emails and ideas.

Regarding the preprocesor, I've had the idea once but I guess I don't have
enough time to pursue it. I'm not sure but are you implying that you want
to volunteer to write a Haskell preprocessor that emits FC++ code?
Possibly using Spirit? That would be awesome!

<<BTW, adaptable closures, in Phoenix was designed to be used by
other library implementers and not really for public consumption>>

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman
joel at boost-consulting.com