From: Jon Stewart (stew1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-25 15:22:07

Hi!

A small group of like-minded C++ programmers in Pasadena, CA has been
meeting regularly for the past few months. The group's name is ALACPP, for
Advanced Los Angeles C++, and we're interested in teaching ourselves more
about generic programming and other advanced C++ techniques. Obviously,
we're Boost users!

We read books together and have weekly lunch meetings to discuss them; we
just finished _Modern C++ Design_ and are moving on to Herb Sutter's
_Exceptional C++_. We're also organizing periodic evening meetings, to
explore specific topics in depth. If you'd like to give a relevant
presentation to the group, please contact me!

If you're in the Los Angeles area, I invite you to check out the group.
Our meager website can be found here:

        http://www.alacpp.org

and you can sign up for our mailing list here: