From: Hossein Haeri (powerprogman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-27 10:46:50

Hi Jon,

> A small group of like-minded C++ programmers in
> Pasadena, CA has been
> meeting regularly for the past few months. The
> group's name is ALACPP, for
> Advanced Los Angeles C++, and we're interested in
> teaching ourselves more
> about generic programming and other advanced C++
> techniques. Obviously,
> we're Boost users!
>
> We read books together and have weekly lunch
> meetings to discuss them; we
> just finished _Modern C++ Design_ and are moving on
> to Herb Sutter's
> _Exceptional C++_. We're also organizing periodic
> evening meetings, to
> explore specific topics in depth. If you'd like to
> give a relevant
> presentation to the group, please contact me!
>
> If you're in the Los Angeles area, I invite you to
> check out the group.
> Our meager website can be found here:
>
> http://www.alacpp.org
>
> and you can sign up for our mailing list here:

Congratulations for that nifty group! I would have
been
pleased if I could be involved. But, unfortunately, I
live in UK so it is impossible for me to attend in
your meetings, but it seems that you are doing things
that are very interesting for me. Hence, from my point
of view, it would be nicer if you could represent good
documentation of your works via the net as well. Do
you
already do it?

Regards,
--Hossein