From: chris_baus (chris_baus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-01 15:05:16

--- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], Alisdair Meredith <yg-boost-
users_at_m...> wrote:
> chris_baus wrote:
>
> > The following seems like a battle of wills between two different
> > typing paradigms.
>
> > std::vector<boost::any> m_schizophrenicCollection;

Let me clarify what I meant by that a bit more.

I see this as a conflict of wills between the generic and OO type
systems. I see boost::any as a paradigm shifter. We use both OO
concepts and some generic concepts in our code base and at times it
isn't obvious when the switch between the two paradigms occurs.

I believe the above code is shifting between the paradigms in a
subtle way.

christopher