From: Jason Winnebeck (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 07:37:38

David Abrahams wrote:
> Jason Winnebeck <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>What do you want it to do? What is the least you expect it to
>>handle?
>

> ?? I don't understand your questions. You're the one with a problem
> that needs to be solved.

Perhaps I was unclear. I was asking it in the sense of "were you to
download some non-commercial 3rd party library today that required
Boost, what would you reasonably expect to be required to do to get it
to use your boost?" The next question was sort of a second one asking
what you would have to do ideally but the answer there is always nothing
;). Ideally what I would expect is something where it is very simple
that requires you to type the path to your Boost once and only once.

> Sure, or you're going to have to tell me about a location that gets
> put in the path used by your makefile so I can drop (a symlink to) my
> boost tree there. The use of angle-includes is irrelevant to all
> this, at least as far as GCC/mingw are concerned.

There are no symlinks in Windows. I suppose I can make an "include"
makefile where you place your Boost directory in there. For some reason
this solution is trivial and I just thought of it. Well that makes
makefiles easy. As for Visual Studio... It's a bit more complicated I
can look more to see what options I have. I know of at least one
solution if I can't find a better one.

Jason