From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 03:06:14

Jason Winnebeck <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Jason Winnebeck <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> I have no problem using boost with mingw32. I keep my boost
>> installation at c:/boost. My mingw32 is installed at
>> c:/tools/mingw-2.0.
>
> Ok so you download my library. My library needs your boost to
> compile it. How does it find Boost? I have provided my makefile.
> What do you expect to have to do to my library to get it to find
> Boost.

If you're using Boost.Build v2, I have an answer for you, but if
you're using make, I can't help. Anyway, even if you're providing
Makefiles, these are all standard problems you have to solve when
using any 3rd party lib.

> What do you want it to do? What is the least you expect it to
> handle?

?? I don't understand your questions. You're the one with a problem
that needs to be solved.

> Unless there is some option I don't know about for Mingw, you are
> going to have to modify my makefile to point to Boost or define some
> environment variable so I know where it's at so I can add the proper
> -I line.

Sure, or you're going to have to tell me about a location that gets
put in the path used by your makefile so I can drop (a symlink to) my
boost tree there. The use of angle-includes is irrelevant to all
this, at least as far as GCC/mingw are concerned.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting