From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 22:26:46

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:42:05 -0700, Administrator wrote
> The following changelog and patch do three things:
>
> 1. Change to common naming scheme for libs
> 2. Common subdir for compiled libs
> 3. Test and date_time dll's suppressed for NT builds.
>
> Would appreciate any and all feedback on this patch. Thanks.

I personally like the idea of a common directory where the libs get built or
copied, but you have to convince the boost developers and this is really the
wrong list for that discussion.

As for the date_time change I'd rather see something like:

if ! ${WINDOWS}
{

because NT is just one variant. Perhaps even simplier is to just remove the
<dll> rule for all platforms, or fix it so the dll is useful ;-)

Jeff