From: Raoul Gough (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 10:56:12

Hi, I've just noticed that my usage of boost::augmented_crc has
stopped working since upgrading to gcc 3.x. The problem turns out to
be with the workaround extra parameter BOOST_ACRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE*.
The usage (in crc.hpp) looks like this:

  template < std::size_t Bits, BOOST_CRC_PARM_TYPE TruncPoly >
      typename uint_t<Bits>::fast augmented_crc( void const *buffer,
      std::size_t byte_count, typename uint_t<Bits>::fast initial_remainder
      BOOST_ACRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE );

Which doesn't supply a default value for the fourth parameter (i.e. it
really requires all four parameters). Curiously, there is a
BOOST_ACRC_DUMMY_INIT defined, which would supply a default value,
but it is never used. Is this a bug in crc.hpp?

*This happens for gcc 3.1 and 3.2 because config/compiler/gcc.hpp sets
BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS to work around a known
bug in those versions.

--
Raoul Gough
"Let there be one measure for wine throughout our kingdom, and one