From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-11 09:08:51

nagual <nagual_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I write example code for tuples::tuple::get use tuples::tie.
> If compile icl (Intel C++) v 7.1 or bcc32 (Borland) v 5.6.4 all ok,
> but if compile g++ (GCC) v 3.2.2 or cl (MSVC) v 13.00.9466 -
> i have eror.
> ;-c
> I need to use it in MSVC.
> Help me!
<snip>

Older compilers performed only minimal parsing of templates before
they were instantiated, but the standard says they must do more
parsing. This requires that you tell them which dependent names
(names of things that depend on a template parameter) are being
used as type or template names. You need to put the keyword
"template" in front of "get<num>" so that the compiler can parse
it correctly.

Ben.