From: Derek (bulk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-17 17:45:19

Hi,

I am a novice to all this. I am looking for a C++ library that would let
me interface with BLAS/LAPACK.

The immediate problem I have is the diagonalization of a large dense
symmetric (possibly hermitian) matrix. (Speed will be a consideration
eventually.) I would like to use the eigenproblem solvers in LAPACK.

I understand that uBLAS does not have a full interface to LAPACK yet,
but it looks like it is possible to use lapack at some level. (Does
anyone have an example program excerpt?)

I would be grateful for any advice about whether uBLAS is suitable for
this. I am also considering other libraries such as MTL and Blitz++.

I will be using Intel C++ compiler and/or GNU g++ on a Linux PC.

Regards
Derek