From: Tim Robertson (timr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-18 03:19:12

Hi Derek,

I can't tell you how feasible a LAPACK/uBLAS interface is today (I know
one is in progress, but I've never used it), but I can provide you with a
Jacobi implementation written using uBLAS. It's part of a larger research
project, and the code is LGPLed. No guarantees on speed, of course, but
we've spent a bit of time optimizing it.

It's available as part of the BTK project (http://btk.sf.net). Download
the distribution, and check the linear_algebra.h/.cpp files. There's a
function titled diagonalize_symmetric(). Should be pretty straigtforward.
(Note that we've used typedefs for the matrix and vector types, so you
might have to do a quick text substitution if you want to copy the code
somewhere else.)

-tim