From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-06 08:42:04

amerio <amerio_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a gamecube sample with boost_1_30_2 and gcc
> version egcs-2.91.57 (nintendo package):

That's a very old version of GCC. Boost isn't tested with anything
older than version 2.95.3, and that only on Linux, with a 41% failure
rate. (See <http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/> for the
details.)

Does Nintendo not supply a newer version? Do they even support the
standard library (which Boost is somewhat dependent on)?

There are unofficial builds of GCC 3.x (which Boost works well with)
for the Gamecube though I don't know whether they include libstdc++.
Google for "gcc gamecube" and you'll find them.

> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
> int main()
> {
> boost::shared_ptr<int> i ( new int );
> }
>
> I got:
> boost/detail/shared_count.hpp:
> In method `void *
> boost::detail::sp_counted_base_impl<P,D>::get_deleter(const

This error message seems to be incomplete.