From: Tom Matelich (tmatelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-17 21:58:21

I'm going to respond, but I don't have much to say. I would think that with all the work you put into making this comparison that you could probably determine why smart_ptr is slower than yours. To me this comparison is interesting but not without comparing your code with smart_ptr. Given the lack of code, I have to assume you're waiting for someone to say something like, "WOW!!! I gotta get me some of that!"

boost::smart_ptr is already a well used class, so if you're looking to contribute, either post your code so we can maybe see how it is better, or see what it is that is missing from your code to make it faster. Benchmarks are useless without more information. Please make your code available so we can improve boost. If that is not your goal, come out and say so.

Tom Matelich
Boost Lover
DISCLAIMER: Information contained in this message and/or
attachment(s) may contain confidential information of Zetec, Inc.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender by return email.