From: Matthew Wilson (stlsoft_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-19 14:27:15

> > [I posted this in boost.devel, but got no response.
> > Presumably that was the
> > wrong group. :)]
> >

> I'm going to respond, but I don't have much to say. I would think that
with all the work you put into making this comparison that you could
probably determine why smart_ptr is slower than yours. To me this
comparison is interesting but not without comparing your code with
smart_ptr. Given the lack of code, I have to assume you're waiting for
someone to say something like, "WOW!!! I gotta get me some of that!"

No, I was seeking information, as I said.

"There are environment settings for which boost::shared_ptr will
perform much better. If that's so, can someone help me out with suggestions
of what defines to make?"

It turns out that there are.

If I was wanting to make a splash, I'd got for a dip down at the beach.

I merely didn't want to post a lot of proprietary code before understanding
whether that was welcome. Thankfully, I've had encouraging responses on the
developer group, and the code is now posted there.

Cheers

Matthew