From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-10 14:36:31

At 02:13 PM 12/10/2003, Scott Meyers wrote:
>> Try a slight variation:
>>
>> cl /TP /W4 /WL /GX /GR -ID:\C++\Boost\Current simple_ls.cpp
>> %BOOST_FILESYSTEM_LIB%
>
>Alas, that doesn't help. I still get multiply defined symbols. This is
>with 1.30.2. Is there any reason to expect that the problem will
magically
>go away if the get the CVS version?

Hard to say - I've never seen the problem before. The usual foul-ups
produce undefined symbols rather than multiply defined symbols.

There are real advantages to the CVS version of Boost in general and
Filesystem in particular: lots of improvements and bug fixes, plus better
"getting started" documentation and procedures.

Also, since the CVS version is what most Boost developers have installed on
their machines, answers to questions might be more on target.

--Beman