From: rip snorta (ripsnorta_1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-06 11:56:19

Hi Ben,

>From: "Ben Hutchings" <ben.hutchings_at_[hidden]>
>Subject: RE: [Boost-users] Spirit Example does not build
>Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:27:54 -0000
>

>This is a problem with the standard library implementation. Although
>VC++ 6 has some support for template member functions, the library that
>comes with it was written for an earlier version that did not and was
>not updated to include template member functions. So it does not
>define the constructor template for std::deque that takes two iterators
>(though it does define a constructor that takes two const T * pointers,
>where T is the element type).
>
>I think the example will work if you install STLPort or Dinkumware's
>newer library as a (partial) replacement for VC++ 6's standard library.

This was one of the next things I was thinking of doing. I just wanted to
see if there was anything simple I was missing before I installed one of the
other STLs. Looks like STLPort is the go then!

cheers

John

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es