From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-07 06:16:08

> I am porting a project that uses regex from Visual Studio 6 to Visual
> Studio .NET 2003. It works fine with VS6, but now I am getting linker
> errors:
>
> TestConsole.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall boost::reg_expression<char,class

> I have changed the C-runtime library settings, I have set
> BOOST_REGEX_STATIC_LINK to make sure I link against the static version,
but
> nothing worked. Looking at the error messages, it seems I am still linking
> against the DLL version (dllimport).

How did you set the define? It should be set in the project settings ->
C++ -> preprocessor options section.

Other obvious things to double check: You rebuilt the library with vc7.1
right? And are the libraries in your lib search path ?

> Does anybody have regex working with .NET 2003?

Yes thanks, it what boost.regex is primarily developed in :-)

John