From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-26 19:58:18

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Hugues Joly wrote:
hjoly2> Hi,
hjoly2> I'd like to know if it's possible to create a BGL
hjoly2> graph that uses custom-made classes for the nodes and
hjoly2> the edges.

The answer is yes and no.

You can't use your own vertex and edge classes. However, you can tell
adjacency_list to store extra stuff of your choosing with each vertex and
edge, that is, using internal properties.

hjoly2> While looking to your documentation, I came across
hjoly2> the following:
hjoly2>
hjoly2> "Many graph representations (such as adjacency lists)
hjoly2> do not store actual vertex objects, while others do
hjoly2> (e.g., pointer-linked graphs)." (c.f.
hjoly2> boost-1.30.2/libs/graph/doc/quick_tour.html)
hjoly2>
hjoly2> Is the pointer-linked graph implementation supplied
hjoly2> from boost or do I have to create one and use external
hjoly2> adaptation for using it with your library?

You can use internal properties with adjacency_list. Also, depending on
which parameters you pick for adjacency_list, you'll got pointer-linked
out-edge lists (OutEdgeList=listS) or pointer-linked vertex lists
(VertexList=listS). Check out the docs here:

http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/doc/adjacency_list.html

or the BGL book.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 856-1820