From: Matthew Vogt (mvogt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-15 17:41:28

Thanks for your reply.

> Have you tried backward slashes? (Just a thought.)

Yes, without any noticeable difference.

> Just set it to the same as MINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY. Here's what works for me,
> but I'm just using MinGW, not Dev-Cpp (but that's just an IDE around
> MinGW, right?).

I think so, but I can't provide any details; I'm not familiar with the
intricacies of the various gcc-on-windows solutions. I would like to be
able to say that boost worked wth dev-cpp, though; it's a one-click install,
IDE-enabled gcc installation freely available for windows.

> set MINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=e:\bin\mingw
> bjam -sTOOLS=mingw --prefix=e:\bin\mingw -sSUFLIB=.a -sSUFDLL=.dll install

I tried this with MINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY (and --prefix) set to
c:\progra~1\dev-cpp", with no effective difference.

> Kind regards,
> Daniel Schlyder
> --
> http://bitblaze.com/

Well, I have managed to build now, so this is really a bug report rather than
a plea for help.

There were two problems:
1. Setting MINGW_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY does not translate to supplying -isystem
include directives to gcc. To make things work I had to hard-code the
following into the gcc-c++-acion command:
'-isystem "c:/progra~1/dev-cpp/include" -isystem "c:/progra~1/dev-cpp/
include/mingw32"'

2. The name of the archiver is somehow derived from the path. bjam resolved
it to "C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\bin\ar.exe", which is correct, but is then
invoked without escaping, so windows failed to execute it correctly.

Should I post this as a bug report somewhere, or will the appropriate people
be following this list?

Thanks for your help,
Matt