From: Duong, Sanh N. (SANH.N.DUONG_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-08 10:39:16

>> > All,
>> >
>> > Does anyone have an example of how to install boost and bjam?
>>
>> See the recently much improved Getting Started guide:
>> http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html.
>
> After you follow those instructions, boost will still not work.

> Even if you were right, I think you're painting with too broad a
> brush here. But I think you're wrong.

> You'll need to create links to all of the mangled library names. For
> example, in my case all of the libraries have either "gcc" or
> "gcc_1_31" mangled in. However, the examples (or more specifically
> the boost.python example) assume that the libraries have unmangled
> names.

> The Boost.Python example should still work just fine, if you follow
> the instructions. bjam doesn't use the mangled library names when
> building with cross-project dependencies. It worked for me just
> now. I went into libs/python/example and did

> bjam test

> and everything passed. No funky linking should is needed.

When running bjam test, in libs/python/example I'd get a lot of errors about
templates and vars not define. Another thing I noticed, when installing
boost with

 bjam "-sGXX=g++" "-sTOOLS=gcc" "--prefix=/home/boost_1_31_0" install

it would say, "Skipping Boost.Python library build due to missing or
incorrect configuration couldn't find Python.h in "/include/python"

When I point the PYTHON_ROOT and PYTHON_VERSION to the correct path, I'd get
a lot of errors when compiling. Is there a step I'm missing here?

Sanh.