From: Sebastian Orfino (sorfino_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-23 11:06:46

Hi,

    I am experiencig a problem with exists() and its Windows implementation
with GetFileAttributes API. I am using exists() prior to the scan of a
directory to see if it exists; the fact is that on W2K (just tested it on
that OS) after a day or two GetFileAttributesA() returns
INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES but the path does exists (it is a UNC-style path).
After a restart of the app, all works fine.
    So, should I use exists() this way ? I don't know why not. Or just use
directory_iterator and scan the hot-folder right away catching any
exceptions ?. I don't want to iterate over a direcotry that doesn't exists
if I could knew that in advance; besides, I don't know if that will work
anyway.
    Does anyone know somthing about this GetFileAttributesA/boost::exists()
behavior ?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian.