From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-24 12:26:30

Sebastian Orfino <sorfino_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I am experiencig a problem with exists() and its Windows
> implementation with GetFileAttributes API. I am using exists() prior
> to the scan of a directory to see if it exists; the fact is that on
> W2K (just tested it on that OS) after a day or two
> GetFileAttributesA() returns INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES but the path
> does exists (it is a UNC-style path).
> After a restart of the app, all works fine.
<snip>

It couldn't possibly be related to this bug, could it:
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325929>?

I know that that talks about Windows XP clients and NT 4 servers but
MS does not always test thoroughly whether a bug found in one
version of a product exists in other versions. The bug is supposed
to be fixed in Windows XP SP2, by the way.